Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Week 2 - Kaiden Shenandoah Knapp - Week 2 Blog Post


I think I found the Clara design (for the cylindrical merchandise project - Retro Nutcracker), and I decided to explore drawing the character in a more illustrative style to see how I feel about her some more ♡ I didn't want to go too detailed, hence the absence of the little creatures in the original painting I was referencing, but I think I failed that when I decided to start shading and whatnot. Even though I decided to go reference-less with said shading, and it looks a bit wonky to me, I still like how the experiment came out and I had fun exploring the design in a different style! I still think I'm the most proud of the original sketch exploration of Clara over on the left, but this experiment was fun too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment